Monday, May 7, 2007

Smokin Aces


What a mess. The best thing about this movie is Alicia Keys cleavage scene and the end credits. It tries so hard to be cool but just does not deliver. It seems so scripted the entire time and I'm still confused. The ending couldn't be more corny or confusing. I watched very carefully but still could not grasp what was going on and I dont think the director even understood it. The over the top characters seem so contrived - The rednecks, the gangsta bitches, the hiphop thugs, the russian, the kid in a karate soon talkin hiphop gangsta style ( u want beef son?etc haha so funny...yeah right), Buddy "Aces" with the constant deck of cards (that was soo lame) etc. Throughout the entire movie I was saying things like, " That's impossible", "How did he change so fast?", "Who believes the guy in the mohawk is a security guard.", "Thats not funny." "That dosn't make sense" "Stop talkin and kill him already". Horrible dialogue and story telling. I was very disappointed. I thought this was gonna be a good movie. Of course, Common sucks, as do most rappers nowadays. It just was very chaotic and just thrown together. There was definitely a lack of focus throughout the film and the bad dialogue made all the actors come across lame. I dont see how some people enjoyed this movie as they state on youtube posts and reviews across the internet. I think the hype of having all these big names with the movie convinced them it was something special. However, there a few decent parts like dead Ben Affleck lyp synching, Ray Liotta shooting scene in the elevator, the kid fighting effects and some other cinematography moments but my recomendation ..dont waste your time.
D-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home